- Participate in a physical activity that enhances the value of a healthy body
- Develop a sense of confidence — an important benefit for college and/or job interviews
- Work with mentors who are focused on the students' success inside and outside of the classroom
- Enjoy friendships that could last a lifetime and a sense of belonging to an extended family of fellow dancers, teachers and parents
- Discover the results of hard work and determination
- Develop a lifelong appreciation for the performing arts
- Commit to half the year, rather than the entire year
- Work towards an invitation to audition for the VPA Dance Company if desired
- Nourish the soul through dance -- a wonderful form of self-expression!
Eligibility for Summer Jumpstart
Eligible dance students who wish to join Summer Jumpstart will need to be going into 3rd-12th grade by Fall of the upcoming academic year and have an invitation from Jumpstart Director (will be emailed by mid-February).
Jumpstart Invitees will be invited if they are enrolled in any of the following currently running classes...
Current VPA Dance Company
Current Jumpstart Dance Ensemble
A VPA ballet performance class level 2 and up and a VPA jazz performance class level 2 and up
Summer Schedule Requirements
Summer Jumpstart dancers will be required to commit to one of the following weekly Summer Classes or a VPA Summer Intensive as follows. Jumpstart dancers will receive an automatic 5% discount on classes/intensives. Rehearsal and event schedules will be planned around dancer conflicts including up to 10 hours of rehearsals per dance leading up to competition and one regional competition/workshop. Conflicts are due by the end of April.
Required Summer classes for Jumpstart dancers are as follows:
WEEKLY CLASSES: June 10-August 29
Ballet & Jazz—Tues. 4:00-5:30pm
Ballet— Thurs. 6:00-7:15pm
Pointe (Beginning) with Ballet*—Thurs. 5:30-7:15pm
AND / OR
SUMMER DANCE INTENSIVES:
July 23-July 26, 10:30am-2pm (12 hours)
July 22-July 26, 2-8pm (30 hours)
How to register for Jumpstart after your dancer has been invited...
1) Read the Summer Jumpstart Handbook. Ask any questions you may have, after reading the handbook.
2) Register for Summer Jumpstart Online. Once you are in our webstore, scroll to the bottom of the "Program Bundles" section (near the top of the store). Registration is due no later than the end of April for Summer Jumpstart. You will be able to select your required elective class or intensive and any additional classes (if preferred) after you select the cart icon for Summer Jumpstart. All Summer classes and intensives are 5% off for Summer Jumpstart dancers.
3) Submit your Summer Jumpstart Info Form online no later than the end of April.